Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not So Great News From My Doctor

I have been going to the doctor regularly for some issues that I have been having. One of course being my weight. And another being my blood pressure. Well I had a blood test back in March and the numbers weren't too awfully bad. So my doctor started me on Phentermine for weight loss back in like Oct or Nov. Then she had me get another blood test New Years Eve.

Well when I went back yesterday for a refill on ALL my meds she informed me that my numbers have gone up. Not good. So she told me that I am now a Type 2 Diabetic. I almost started to cry. My mom is a diabetic and the meds that she takes has caused her to gain tons of weight. I told my doctor I didn't want to take the meds cause I didn't want to get heavy like my mom. So the meds she gave me shouldn't case weight gain. My friend told me that a lot of people she knows that takes the same has lost tons of weight so fast from it. It is called Metformin. I am still kinda skeptical.

Since my friend & I walk 2 miles a day, I am hoping it will help me overcome this.

2 comments:

Laura Blue said...

so sorry to hear that. i'm sure it's hard to choose what to do, and i'm afraid i've never been through anything like this and don't really know what to say. but i hope the best and hope the pills help you loose and not gain. keep us updated. miss ya. we'll be down at the store all day sat if you wanna or can stop by.

Laura Blue said...

so i still havn't seen you down at the store at all. hope everything is going okay for you and your family. i'd love to see you sometime if you feel up to it. miss ya